Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Making a Promise to Live Life Above The Average

Since school has been out I have had a lot of time to think about, well, everything. I've thought about how my entire life has changed in the past couple of years. There have been of times when I have felt like I lost myself, times when I knew exactly what I wanted out of life and I knew how I was going to get it.
High School has been an emotional roller coaster for me, as I'm sure it has been for most teens. The only time I ever really felt lost was when I refused to stop and take a look at the beauty that surrounded me.
I refused to look around at all the people standing right beside me asking what it was I needed help with.
I refused to take a time out just to watch the sunset.
I refused to accept the person I knew I should be, and I tried to change that person so that others would accept me.
I let people walk all over me.
Well, this year is going to be different. This year, I am going to refuse to be a door mat. I am going to be myself at all times, friends or no friends. I am going to watch the sunset, and I am going to let the stars inspire me. This year, I'm going to live, but more than that I am going to live life above the average.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com